Are you tired of drawing your eyebrows on every morning? Are you mad that they’re not even cousins? We have Brenda available at our Sterling Heights, Michigan location to help you get the eyebrows you have always dreamed of! Brenda is doing this wonderful microblading to help you wake up with brows for an easier and faster morning routine!
Why go to a reputable tattoo shop and not a hair salon or day spa?
The Michigan Health Department has very strict standards when it comes to microblading. Tattoo shops are required by law to be a clean and sterile environment because we are breaking the skin. In a salon, there are a lot of elements that float throughout the air, such as hair. These things can get into the area where the service is being performed, which can create infection, if not monitored. In a day spa environment, topical products can become airborne and attach themselves to other things if the microblade room isn’t fully enclosed.
Why use microblade pens and not a rotary machine?
Brenda uses disposable microblade pens with two different size blades to create natural-looking hair strokes. With a rotary tattoo machine, there is a tendency to not get as fine of a line, thus creating more of a shadow when healed, as opposed to the natural-looking hair strokes of the microblade pen.
- Paperwork with proper and valid state I.D. is required.
- Measure and map out the brow area from the divits on each side of the nostril. This helps to find the front, arch, and tail.
- Topical numbing agent
- The first pass on both brows
- Numbing of the broken skin with a different type of numbing agent
- The second and third pass, subsequently
- Allowing the brow color to sit for a few minutes after the third pass.
- Booking of the perfecting appointment before you leave.
The initial appointment is where we go a bit conservatively on size, strokes, and color. The perfecting appointment is where we go thicker or darker, if desired.
Client Preparation before Your Microblading Appointment
- DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL OR CAFFIENE for 3 days before your appointment, as it constricts the blood vessels.
- DO NOT TAKE ADVIL OR ANY OTHER BLOOD THINNERS such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin, Fish Oil, or Vitamin E unless medically necessary, as they also constrict the blood vessels.
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase the pain level.
- NO waxing, tanning, or tinting for 3 days prior to your appointment, as these can irritate the skin.
- NO chemical peels, enzyme treatments, etc. for 2 weeks prior to your appointment, as these can also cause irritation to the skin.
- Arrive without make-up for your appointment, but DO come with your eyebrows filled in as you would typically wear them.
- Be prepared for your brows to appear slightly red and darker than normal. Redness diminishes within a day or so, Darkness diminishes within a week and a half.
- DO NOT work out for at least 24 hours after your service. Sweat stings!
Stop on in or give us a call at (586)553-9100 to schedule your consultation